Burachapori Wildlife Sanctuaries
district with an area of 44.06 sq. kms. the Sanctuary is a part of
Laokhowa – Burachapori eco-system and comprises of a mosaic
of wet alluvial grassland, riparian and semi-evergreen forests
dotted by wetland and river system.
and occasional visit of herd of Elephants.
Birds : Bengal Florican, Swamp partridge(fancolin), Wood Cock, Water Hen, Parakeets etc.
How to reach : By road from Salonibari Airport (Tezpur) it is 30 Kms., from Guwahati - 160 Kms., from Jorhat - 180 Kms. and from Nagaon- 40 Kms.
Where to stay : Blue star Hotel, Jonaki Building, Tezpur, Tel.- 03712-220682, Oasis Hotel, Jonaki Road, Tezpur, Tel.- 03712-220724, Hotel Luit, Tezpur, Tel.- 03712- 222083, Hotel Green View, Main Road, Tezpur, Tel.- 03712- 223685, Kanyapur Hotel, Hatibilkhana, Tezpur, Tel- 03712-220261.
Whom to contact for visit : Divisional Forest Officer, Western Assam Wildlife Division, Dolabari, Tezpur, Tel.- 03712-268054, Range Forest Officer, Burachapari Wildlife Range, Dhania (Assam).
- About Wild Mahseer
- Things to Do
- On Property & Nearby
- Wild Life & Adventure
- Culture & Site Seeing
- Elephant & Jeep Safaris, Trekking & Bird Watching
- Angling, Trekking & Bird Watching
- River Rafting
- Dolphin Watching
- Ethnic Village
- Hindu Temples & Buddhist Monastery
- Tea Plantation & Factory
- Experimental Organic Cultivation Station
- Balipara Saturday Market
- Tezpur Town Shopping
- Tea Tasting
- Cooking Classes
- Scenic Walks & Bicycle Rides
- Tennis & Golf
- Food for Thought
- Useful Info
- Guest Comments
- About Assam
- Aamir Khans Visit to Wild Mahseer
- Harley Davidson Club Members Came for Lunch to Wild Mahseer
- Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia at Balipara Foundation and Wild Mahseer
- Dr.Stiglitz's Assam Visit Photos
- The United States Embassy
- Far Horizon India`s Guests visit
- Visit of Paban Singh Ghatowar
- Guest Letter of Appreciation
- Turn Back Time